9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend the best quality gel saddle for a peleton bike
Thanks
:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I know a couple of people who use Zacro gel covers and like them. In general, I think most people are better off getting good padded bike shorts and then they often don't need seat covers. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank You So Much :)
Thank You So Much :)
Hi, replying as a road biker and Peloton rider :) The Peloton seat is already quite a soft seat by biking standards and the more gel or anything else you pack under your butt on a bike seat tends to create more problems including chaffing which is worse that just being a bit sore. The best seat advice I ever got and will pass on is to get a good set of compression bike shorts with a built in chamois (small pad - I know I said no more padding but this type is ok). Another biker thing, I know this is gross, is NO underwear are worn under bike shorts. They tend to bunch and also cause problems. Just get two pair of bike shorts, they dry very quickly, and wash them out after each ride. Last point, stick with a seat for at least two weeks of riding and if there is no chafing, deal with the soreness. 99% of the time it will pass as your butt gets used to this type of riding and the seat breaks in to your body. Also, make sure you are back on the seat so the bones down there come in contact with the softest part of the seat. OK, WAY too much talking about bottoms between people who have not met. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great reply many thanks
Sitting right at the back of the saddle really helps
I also tried the other suggestion also tonight and yes its much better
Thanks Again :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts