Peloton Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I both run on the Tread+. I didn't really start running until we got the tread, but my wife had some experience before. We both feel that the speed shown on the tread is slow. My reference point is that after running on the Tread for 9+ months and getting an understanding for how I feel at certain speeds, I have been on several other treads and I can run faster on the other treads without feeling as tired. She feels the same way. My normal endurance pace on Tread+ is around 6.2-6.4 mph. I can run on other treads at closer to 7 mph and not be as tired, so something seems "off". Not too worried as I am not really fixated on the numbers, but wondering if others have experienced this and if there is a good way to recalibrate or test the speed measurement on the tread?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wife and I both run on the Tread+. I didn't really start running until we got the tread, but my wife had some experience before. We both feel that the speed shown on the tread is slow. My reference point is that after running on the Tread for 9+ months and getting an understanding for how I feel at certain speeds, I have been on several other treads and I can run faster on the other treads without feeling as tired. She feels the same way. My normal endurance pace on Tread+ is around 6.2-6.4 mph. I can run on other treads at closer to 7 mph and not be as tired, so something seems "off". Not too worried as I am not really fixated on the numbers, but wondering if others have experienced this and if there is a good way to recalibrate or test the speed measurement on the tread?
I also found the speeds for the max speed the instructor wanted us to run seemed a bit high - do you think the speed discrepancies might have Something to do with this? She wanted 7-8.5 (I assume mph, but for the average runner this is quite fast) Any feedback would be great!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.