Peloton Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Peloton has made huge growth in terms of revenue over the past year. They are on track to to $700 million this year, which is more than double what they made in 2018 and a huge jump from what they first saw back in 2016. I've heard they are trying to position themselves as the 'Netflix of fitness' meaning they will be doubling down and focusing on the amount of content on their platform.

·
Registered
43 Posts
This is what happens when you develop a platform that is on trend. We will have to wait and see if they have the legs to maintain this scale over a longer period of time, but so long as they keep building up their content, they'll always be generating money with their subscriptions.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is what happens when you develop a platform that is on trend. We will have to wait and see if they have the legs to maintain this scale over a longer period of time, but so long as they keep building up their content, they'll always be generating money with their subscriptions.
It was an untapped market that has been underdeveloped for many years, decades even.
I believe that going forward it will influence other fitness markets merging with some social aspect. Throughout all of that I bet Facebook or some company with billions waiting to be invested will acquire these.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It was an untapped market that has been underdeveloped for many years, decades even.
I believe that going forward it will influence other fitness markets merging with some social aspect. Throughout all of that I bet Facebook or some company with billions waiting to be invested will acquire these.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't be surprised if steaming sites begin to introduce exercise sections and videos. Making this kind of content more readily available is better for everyone's health in the long run. Building it into services you are already paying for could be a great solution.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if steaming sites begin to introduce exercise sections and videos. Making this kind of content more readily available is better for everyone's health in the long run. Building it into services you are already paying for could be a great solution.
On that point I can see it playing into the twitch gaming platform and the future of gaming that will include interactive equipment. Workout equipment being one of them. However that's where the demographics shift, probably to a more male crowd unlike the existing Peloton base.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Amazon is launching a new streaming platform as well and YouTube Live has been growing in popularity. Even Facebook added live streaming to their pages, because they have recognized the interest in on demand content.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a market that even a company like Netflix could capitalize on, especially with the amount of cash flow that they have. They have already built a huge consumer base to draw from and there are already some workout videos on there.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is a market that even a company like Netflix could capitalize on, especially with the amount of cash flow that they have. They have already built a huge consumer base to draw from and there are already some workout videos on there.
Same thing can be said about a lot of today's growing media that's becoming easy to use. Wearables are a large part of it so who knows, maybe eventually we'll see some Peloton package that includes VR goggles :LOL:

·
Registered
41 Posts
And those VR goggles will display a street view to make it look like your riding outside...surely I cant be the only one seeing the irony here. A high tech, expensive solution to something that can easily be done for free.

·
Registered
120 Posts
And those VR goggles will display a street view to make it look like your riding outside...surely I cant be the only one seeing the irony here. A high tech, expensive solution to something that can easily be done for free.
Flexibility is the big sell with this technology.
It might seem weird but in a connected world where a growing amount of people are spending more time at home, what Peloton is doing only supports that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How you do guy think the Peloton studio model will take off?
Although you can workout from home, a dedicated space away from home is always nice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts