Peloton Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post as I just quit being a brand ambassador today. This company pulled the wool over my eyes in delivering your highly prized bikes. I fought through snow and road closures to deliver your bikes. Driving all over the country delivering up to six bikes at a time. Most days working around 11 to at most 13 hours. But they create a weird pay structure through an agency that deceits and cons you. You are told one thing to get you to work the extra days while the other half of the depot is off with COVID! Tell you that you will be paid for the hours they call you in and don’t give you a run. I had to travel 50 mile round trip. Then you find out they won’t pay you as they are now not giving you the hours they said they would. Well good luck to you all, nice to see you all on the leaderboard soon, eh!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is my first post as I just quit being a brand ambassador today. This company pulled the wool over my eyes in delivering your highly prized bikes. I fought through snow and road closures to deliver your bikes. Driving all over the country delivering up to six bikes at a time. Most days working around 11 to at most 13 hours. But they create a weird pay structure through an agency that deceits and cons you. You are told one thing to get you to work the extra days while the other half of the depot is off with COVID! Tell you that you will be paid for the hours they call you in and don’t give you a run. I had to travel 50 mile round trip. Then you find out they won’t pay you as they are now not giving you the hours they said they would. Well good luck to you all, nice to see you all on the leaderboard soon, eh!
The plot thickens. Now unless I do the 50 mile round trip with the ‘uniform’ the summer jacket and t-shirt for the middle of winter haha I won’t even be paid what I’m due. Now they won’t even give me my minimum hours I’ve worked so hehe let’s not eat again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You mentioned that you’re paid through an agency. So, I’m assuming that you’re not a Peloton employee. Is that correct? Just trying to figure out the right direction and recommendations for you to get a resolution to your problem. Can you give us an idea of the pay structure and incentives, along with any reimbursements that you receive? Send me a PM if you don’t want to go public with that info in an open forum post. I’m sure Peloton does not need delivery workers jumping ship in an already frenzied delivery system.

I always recommend trying to work it out openly and honestly, while being professional and respectful. Let management know of your concerns (instead of calling them problems), and offer recommendations for a possible resolution. Good management always appreciates feedback, both good and bad.

Take some time to write an email detailing the issues with possible (and reasonable) solutions. Keep it clear and concise, and leave out any emotions or finger pointing. Always mention that you like the company, enjoy working with your team members, and get great satisfaction engaging with the customers. Avoid an ultimatum of leaving if you don’t get what you want, as that will certainly end the conversation. You want to be part of the solution, and not just a problem. In the email, request a Zoom call to further discuss the situation. At the conclusion of your call, ask for a followup call in a week or so. This will show that you are sincere in your concerns, and want to help fix the problem. It will go a long way!

Keep in mind that changes may not be immediate, as your manager will need some time to review what you have proposed, and hopefully escalate your concerns to his/her management. Patience is needed for management to work through the issues and find money in the budget, or restructure how deliveries are being scheduling. If your local management is not receptive, then politely escalate to someone else in the company, in a more senior position with more authority.

Sometimes, it may seem easier to jump ship for something else, but most of the time, people regret doing so. Always try to work it out first, and if you don’t see meaningful results, or management never responds, then at least you made an attempt. Also, don’t forget to factor in tip money into your compensation when comparing your hourly wages to other jobs.

Hang on for a little while longer, and if you follow these recommendations, I’m pretty sure you’re going to see some positive results. Let’s keep the conversation going. Stay positive. Best of luck to you!

·
Super Moderator
433 Posts
I'm sorry to hear your story - it sounds terrible. Do you work for XPO?

FYI, this site is for folks interested in Peloton but it isn't affiliated with Peloton in any official way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"FYI, this site is for folks interested in Peloton but it isn't affiliated with Peloton in any official way." First I had heard of this. Interesting, I thought it was at least sponsored by Peloton the company,

·
Registered
28 Posts
"FYI, this site is for folks interested in Peloton but it isn't affiliated with Peloton in any official way." First I had heard of this. Interesting, I thought it was at least sponsored by Peloton the company,
The site’s domain name was registered out of Ontario, CA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts