Peloton Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think testing out this app from your currently owned bike (if you have one) is the best way to determine if this platform is of value to you. Can anyone confirm if its only available on iOS devices?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes currently it is only available on Apple devices. Pretty ridiculous when the marketing is 'evolve your fitness routine at home or on the go'...for less than 50% of mobile phones.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes currently it is only available on Apple devices. Pretty ridiculous when the marketing is 'evolve your fitness routine at home or on the go'...for less than 50% of mobile phones.
Apple is always prioritized when it comes to APPs which from what I discovered is part of APP developer culture. Probably for good reason too, Andriods aren't nearly as reliable but offer more features, meanwhile Apple's OS is and stays that way for years without fail.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Their decision to go with Apple makes sense, as they catering towards the same clientele with their products. If you haven't visited one of their stores, they actually use giant iPhone cutouts to display their advertisements. As they grow in scale they will likely consider new platforms for their app.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think its because Apple is the most reliable and dependable, so much to the extent that in professional settings Apple devices are priority. Law enforcement uses them from low level to very high levels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apple moves more units so they decided to go where the numbers are. Depending on the Android device, they are also using different variants of certain software, so it would be more expensive to build an app there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts