Peloton Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any plans to hide/remove those users who are not doing the class (e.g., have a resistance in the 90s and cadence in the 50s the whole time) or have a miscalibrated bike (e.g., resistance in the 90s riding at 100 cadence) from the leaderboard? I like “racing” those people near me on the leaderboard but when they are doing a completely different class or have unrealistic output it’s no longer fun or motivating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think so. I actually know a guy who can ride at 100 cadence for 45 minutes so in most cases it probably isn't a mis-calibrated bike. Usain Bolt and many NBA and NFL players ride Peloton so they are going to put up massive numbers. Some people especially when trying to PR or just racing their friends will ignore some or all of the instruction. Even if Peloton wanted to I don't know if there would be an automatic way to hide them.

One thing you can do if you have a group you ride with is only show the people you follow or those using a certain "tag" which limits the group a bit.

I generally follow the class instructions but I'll do 10, 15 or more over the suggested range to make it a hard workout. I'll also race against people I don't know on the leaderboard during live or encore classes or try to get under a certain number like 200, 100, etc.

·
Super Moderator
140 Posts
Yes, there were already elite athletes riding Peloton but it has kind of exploded since Shelter In Place. When there are pro athletes including pro cyclists on the leaderboard the top is going to be super competitive. I follow a few of these guys though and find it cool to compete against them since I'd never have the opportunity to in day-to-day life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts