Peloton Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am new to Peloton and am awaiting the arrival of my Bike+ and can’t wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying the app and doing the classes. Today though, I went for a 65 minute run using my Apple Watch and just did a run activity without the Peloton app. Is there a way to log my run data into peloton to get exercise and run credits for my achievements? If not, is there a way to do an “open run” in the peloton app so my run is logged, or does it only track outdoor runs if you use a class with a constrained time frame? I don’t always know long I’m going to run for, so I feel like using the outdoor class only sets me up for the class to either not be long enough, or too long for what I’m going to do.

thank you in advance everyone!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello,

I am new to Peloton and am awaiting the arrival of my Bike+ and can’t wait for it to arrive. In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying the app and doing the classes. Today though, I went for a 65 minute run using my Apple Watch and just did a run activity without the Peloton app. Is there a way to log my run data into peloton to get exercise and run credits for my achievements? If not, is there a way to do an “open run” in the peloton app so my run is logged, or does it only track outdoor runs if you use a class with a constrained time frame? I don’t always know long I’m going to run for, so I feel like using the outdoor class only sets me up for the class to either not be long enough, or too long for what I’m going to do.

thank you in advance everyone!
Sorry I don’t have an answer, but great question. I was wondering the same thing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I don’t have an answer, but great question. I was wondering the same thing.
I wrote to customer service, so we’ll see if they give an answer. So much of what Peloton has to offer is great so far, but constraining running achievements to the time frame of their classes seems very restrictive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems that the Activity app of the iwatch, could be linked to the Peloton app and provide the data. (For example, HR,etc)
Yes, it can do that and I have sync’d my watch to the Peloton app. That way when I do Peloton classes, my HR and Calories burned date and etc. are logged in the Apple Fitness app and I get my achievement points in the Peloton App and my Apple Fitness. But my issue that I can’t figure out is if I can only make progress towards running goals with Peloton if I only run during a Peloton class. I don’t like how constrained that feels for my run work out. For example, there is a beautiful rail trail where I live that I love to run on. The time it takes me to run that is longer than a Peloton outdoor run class. I would like to be able to count the 4-5 miles I run on that towards my Peloton goals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts