Peloton Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've had my peloton bike for just over 2 years and noticed at the start of Jan 2023 that the seat had lowered itself. I tried using the L-Handle to release the bolt and move the seat back into position but the handle had rusted and the bolt was completely stuck. I called peloton and arranged for it to be serviced and a new seat sleeve and L-Handle was sent out to me. The engineers came and tried everything (including drilling the bolt) to release it but it is completely stuck. Peloton are now saying they can't do anything to help me and that I should try and get a rust remover to loosen the bolt!?! Has anyone got any experience of this or can recommend a liquid lubricant that will loosen the bolt? I can't afford to replace th whole bike ATM and I'm so gutted to lose access to my spin - it keeps me sane!!! Thank you!

· Registered
3 Posts
You will need a couple of things:
1. Penetrating oil. Using something like PB Blaster or Kroil.
2. Butane torch.

Heat the bolt with the torch, the rust will flake off. Explanation here:
Once done, apply penetrating oil, let it soak a bit and then you can you try to remove it.

If it is too difficult, ask your local auto mechanic shops if they can help you with this. You'll have to bring the bike to them but auto mechanic shops deal with rusted bolts on cars and trucks all the time. They'll sort you out very quickly.

· Registered
95 Posts
The fact that they attempted to drill it out, and then just leave you to fix it on your own is beyond belief. I hope there was a gesture made by them to compensate you for the additional damage they did to your bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts