Peloton Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think its shocking how many media outlets have reviewed the "new" scenic rides without commenting on what was removed.
100%, the media blitz highlights improved video and audio, failing to mention the loss of overall features, specifically qty of rides, length and the leaderboard - significant reductions in rider functionality!

·
Registered
13 Posts
100%, the media blitz highlights improved video and audio, failing to mention the loss of overall features, specifically qty of rides, length and the leaderboard - significant reductions in rider functionality!
Especially considering how asinine removing the leaderboard is when they already had the option to hide the damned thing for those that don't want it. The excuse Peloton is putting out there for removing it doesn't make any sense and they need to be called out for it. Someone mentioned that it is more likely they removed it to make room on screen for the distance ride meter. That makes slightly more sense but just speaks to lack of creativity and/or programming competence.

At any rate, the option to have some version of the leaderboard or at minimum stat tracking against past rides should be able to be integrated super easily. Removing all this was a huge blunder and makes no sense to anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Especially considering how asinine removing the leaderboard is when they already had the option to hide the damned thing for those that don't want it. The excuse Peloton is putting out there for removing it doesn't make any sense and they need to be called out for it. Someone mentioned that it is more likely they removed it to make room on screen for the distance ride meter. That makes slightly more sense but just speaks to lack of creativity and/or programming competence.

At any rate, the option to have some version of the leaderboard or at minimum stat tracking against past rides should be able to be integrated super easily. Removing all this was a huge blunder and makes no sense to anyone with a functioning cerebral cortex.
That was my hypothesis too -- that they removed the leaderboard b/c that's where the software engineers (had to?) put the distance ride meter. And the slow speed of many/most of the new timed rides that I've done makes me wonder if they plan to convert all their new timed rides into their new woo-woo distance rides eventually.

But like you I think it's a bad move and makes no sense. If I wanted to just watch scenic content and pedal I could have bought myself a Walmart stationary bike and scrolled through YouTube. I used the leaderboard to push myself, and even more, for community (I loved seeing where in the world the other scenic riders hailed from). I spoke w/two different peloton customer service people about this to draw them out on the big why. They, like us, are stumped.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That was my hypothesis too -- that they removed the leaderboard b/c that's where the software engineers (had to?) put the distance ride meter. And the slow speed of many/most of the new timed rides that I've done makes me wonder if they plan to convert all their new timed rides into their new woo-woo distance rides eventually.

But like you I think it's a bad move and makes no sense. If I wanted to just watch scenic content and pedal I could have bought myself a Walmart stationary bike and scrolled through YouTube. I used the leaderboard to push myself, and even more, for community (I loved seeing where in the world the other scenic riders hailed from). I spoke w/two different peloton customer service people about this to draw them out on the big why. They, like us, are stumped.
Makes you wonder if this is Peloton's "Chevy Nova in Mexico" moment or a "NASA can't convert Imperial to Metric and crashed a Mars orbiter" moment. Its possible for large corporations to make really big gaffes on things that seem absurdly simple. Could be the case here, and no one is wanting to take the egg on the face for the mistake.

I seriously hope this gets fixed soon. I am about to do a class with an instructor and ignore them the whole time while I listen to music and crush everyone on the leaderboard. Would be better to ride through the Alps, but it is what it is for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife likes the classes but I don't. My whole Peleton experience has been scenic rides with the leaderboard pushing me to ride harder. I am VERY disappointed. Here is what I submitted to support:

"the new Scenic rides are a disaster. I understand Peleton has to run a business but really? 1) You MUST reinstall the leaderboard - there is SO much chatter online about this. This was the ONLY reason I have a Peleton and 2) you need to increase the number of scenic rides so you have more options and 3) if you are going to do distance rides then how about 50K, 75K, 100K, 125K and not 5K and 10K. I am not running a foot race here.​
Those are my 3 suggestions. I am super disappointed at the Scenic Ride "update". The business unit who made this decision should all be fired."​

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I got on my bike this AM. Where did all my saved scenic rides go? No leaderboard on a crappy Santa Monica boardwalk ride and no option for cool downs or stretches. Called Customer Service and was told, yes, they'd removed a lot of scenic rides but will be adding new ones. But no ETA on when that might happen. I am so p*ssed! I bought this bike primarily for the scenic rides and now my choices have been cut by 2/3 or more. Very unhappy Peloton.

·
Registered
4 Posts
YES !!! Everyone call. Inundate them with complaints. It’s simply not good enough
My wife likes the classes but I don't. My whole Peleton experience has been scenic rides with the leaderboard pushing me to ride harder. I am VERY disappointed. Here is what I submitted to support:

"the new Scenic rides are a disaster. I understand Peleton has to run a business but really? 1) You MUST reinstall the leaderboard - there is SO much chatter online about this. This was the ONLY reason I have a Peleton and 2) you need to increase the number of scenic rides so you have more options and 3) if you are going to do distance rides then how about 50K, 75K, 100K, 125K and not 5K and 10K. I am not running a foot race here.​
Those are my 3 suggestions. I am super disappointed at the Scenic Ride "update". The business unit who made this decision should all be fired."​

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fully agree. Peloton, you ADVERTISE the leaderboard. It is my favorite feature along with LONG scenic rides. Please restore this FAST! I will call you this week to suspend my membership since I have not used my Peloton since you dropped this main feature. I may sell the bike and switch to a different brand which I have begun to research. Many are cheaper. And they respect their customers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fully agree. Peloton, you ADVERTISE the leaderboard. It is my favorite feature along with LONG scenic rides. Please restore this FAST! I will call you this week to suspend my membership since I have not used my Peloton since you dropped this main feature. I may sell the bike and switch to a different brand which I have begun to research. Many are cheaper. And they respect their customers.
Just complained about this and got the following vapid reply:

"We apologize for the inconvenience and understand that our original Scenic classes have been an important part of your workout routine. Existing Scenic classes will no longer be available, but please keep an eye out for any updates!

Thank you for being the best part of Peloton. We wish you the best of luck with your fitness goals!

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.
Best Regards,
Kianna H."

Is it really possible they don't realize that this is a repudiation of the very principle of self improvement they claim to stand for.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today, I chatted again about Scenic Rides and Leaderboard. This time I was told that the
Rides were removed to free up programming space and Leaderboard removed to make it more of a “casual experience” for the members. Think this is BUNK. Maybe Peloton should buy a few more servers with our high costs and maybe make Leaderboard and option so all will be happy. Sounds simple to me. Doubt Peloton cares (or even surveyed the subscribers) and wants to force members to their Workouts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Today, I chatted again about Scenic Rides and Leaderboard. This time I was told that the
Rides were removed to free up programming space and Leaderboard removed to make it more of a “casual experience” for the members. Think this is BUNK. Maybe Peloton should buy a few more servers with our high costs and maybe make Leaderboard and option so all will be happy. Sounds simple to me. Doubt Peloton cares (or even surveyed the subscribers) and wants to force members to their Workouts.
Peloton is a featured brand in Amazon Web Services (AWS) ads ie they can scale as needed.......disingenuous at best! Still very disappointed in loss of leaderboard and quantity of scenic rides, have heard many say that they're not very happy with the new scenic rides. Very frustrating - we need to keep up the pressure!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased 5 bikes for myself and/or family members.....the ONLY feature I used was scenic rides and leaderboard. Then one day, no notice, Peloton makes makes my $10k investment worthless to me. I literally can't believe that a company would do that. I have taken ZERO classes (my family members have done some). Unbelievable. FOR SALE: Peloton Bikes with *NEW UPGRADED Software.....enjoy !!
Totally with you on the crushing betrayal of trust from peloton to remove the leaderboards and scenic rides. That was the main reason I got a peloton! It’s a classic screw the customer move and this has been extremely disappointing!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts