Peloton Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read a few articles that say indoor ex bike riding won't make you fit. Indoor Cycling Probably Won't Make You Fit. Here's Why.. I realize that the bike must be combined with some sort of weight training especially upper body and core. I think your lower body gets quite a workout already. They offer a ton of strengthening classes by the way. I ask you if the Peloton won't make you fit what will? I can't do treadmill because of my bad knee. The Peloton classes do not bother my knee. I just find this kind of talk frustrating.

·
Super Moderator
235 Posts
This article seems to focus more on indoor cycling classes like Soulcycle as some of what it saying is not true for Peloton. For example it says that Tabata is better than spinning meanwhile on Peloton there are many Tabata classes to choose from. It also says that indoor cycling is not progressive and that metrics are not typically tracked. Peloton tracks tons of metrics and many people are routinely beating their PRs. There are even Power Zone training programs which help to increase power and FTP over time.

In my opinion, Peloton is better than standard studio cycling for many reasons and it can indeed make you fit. Success does depend on individual goals, commitment and picking the right classes and frequency. I also agree with you that it's a good idea to mix in strength training which can be done with or without the help of the Peloton app.

Thanks for the [post Kathy!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think that article is BS. I know many people who have gotten much fitter via Peloton. It is good to not only do cycling but mix in core/strength training, etc.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't buy that article. If you ride the Peloton bike and do other things you will definitely get fitter!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think that article is BS. I know many people who have gotten much fitter via Peloton. It is good to not only do cycling but mix in core/strength training, etc.
I believe that they are knocking it because of the trend of doing at home workouts as opposed to hiring a trainer, or going to a gym....... I may be wrong.... but the peloton give me an awesome sweat and makes me feel and look better....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nowadays with COVID I definitely don't want to go to the gym. I work in physical therapy and I have seen the aides clean off the equipment, it's still not sanitized properly and the handles on the machines are porous.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts