1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

We are on the brink of ordering the Bike+

A couple of questions:

We would like to wear our own trainers rather than the Peloton ones. I believe this is possible but how would it work? The advisor I spoke to mentioned some type of 'clips'.....

I would like to start on some REALLY easy classes to ease myself in, do these exist as all the ads etc I see seem to be for high level workouts?

Is there a facility to cycle through virtual countryside etc or is it all 'classes'.

Thanks.

Ali.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I cannot answer your question about clips but maybe the others can. You have a few options available and I'm sure you can find something that works with your shoes.

There is definitely easy classes and you can take any class at your own pace. There are not rules on how hard you ride. You actually set the resistance level yourself, they just give recommendations. One great feature about the Bike+ is its ability to auto adjust the resistance. If you find a good resistance you can turn on the auto feature and it will adjust resistance up and down based on the ride. You can always manually adjust this if its a little tough or light on resistance. As you ride more then you will find this feature is a must have.

Yes you can cycle through countryside and other scenic routes. Its not as fun though because they do not set resistance levels based on going up and down hills. You simply just get to see the scenery.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Firstly, cycling shoes are not "trainers" , they are made with a stiff sole to put all the effort through the pedals..that being said, yes, you can get toe clips which will be able to be used with most trainers (but you might find they press on the top of your toes). These are the same as toeclips that used to be regular on road bikes.
There are a limited number of scenic rides where you travel through recorded scenery. While these are ok, they are fairly repetitive and new ones are added infrequently.
Classes are much better than I expected, I find them more motivation once you find instructors that you prefer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts