Peloton Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I'm still exploring what my next machine will be, I wanted to ask you guys if you done any research into the Peloton Tread? It starts north of 4 grand and that just seems like an absurd amount of money to spend on a treadmill. Looks like its only compatible with iOS devices as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Its a huge ask, and not something I expect many people will take interest in. I also take issue with treadmills in general because they really aren't ideal for anyone with joint issues.

·
Registered
41 Posts
For someone who lives in an apartment, I don't think the tread is practical. Not only will it take up a big amount of space but your neighbours below surely wont appreciate the sound of you running about.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Studies on whether its more harmful to run indoors or outdoors are fairly mixed. With a proper set of shoes and good running position, I don't think one is any better than the other.

·
Registered
120 Posts
In my opinion it comes down to lifestyle.

If you need a quick and accessible way to burn a lot of calories, indoor is the way to go.
Outdoors, you're met with some lack in flexibility but get perks with trade off.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah but running outdoors is free, even if its dependent on weather. See plenty of joggers out there in rain, sleet and snow, so its really about your dedication. A simple skip rope can be used indoors if you are just looking to burn off some calories.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Spinning has become almost a low barrier way to start working out again from what I realized. Just about everyone is talking about it. so it does have that appeal which can be necessary for many folks that aren't motivated by those most basic forms of working out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've attempted skip rope before and it really doesn't do my shins any favors. I agree that spin bikes do seem to be more newbie friendly, with less recovery time too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts