Peloton Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had issues with their touch screen after running an update? I got on today to ride and everything was working fine. I got prompted to run an update the suddenly my touch screen wasn’t working anymore. I got my bike June 2019 so I am out of warranty. After an hour on the phone (rebooting and factory restoring) Peloton is telling me I have to pay $400 to replace the screen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone had issues with their touch screen after running an update? I got on today to ride and everything was working fine. I got prompted to run an update the suddenly my touch screen wasn’t working anymore. I got my bike June 2019 so I am out of warranty. After an hour on the phone (rebooting and factory restoring) Peloton is telling me I have to pay $400 to replace the screen.
I have the SAME issue! Here is what happened with mine....

My bike is a 2018 in great condition. The other day I turned my bike on. It asked me to do a software update so I did. Upon restart the bottom menu/task bar where you can view classes and schedule etc. does not respond to touch all of a sudden and it is just the one area of the screen. Naturally, I called Peloton. I spoke to three different techs and went through three different trouble shooting methods with all three and still no change with my issue. Over the coarse of three days I have spoke to 4 different people and ended up most recently with a supervisor of the tech dept. ultimately It was explained to me this is a known issue. I was told I have to purchase a new screen. Why should someone who spends all this money monthly and for the original cost of the bike have to spend money to replace a screen that cannot function properly due to a software update? Especially when this is a “known issue” admitted by Peloton. After 2+ hours on the phone today I was told that Peloton could not do anything. It is on me as the consumer to pay the price of a replacement screen. If a vehicle manufacture found a known issue, they would issue a recall and the manufacture would cover the cost regardless of warranty status. Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced this issue? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts