Peloton Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, My bike's (original, not Bike +) touch screen does not respond to my touch on an intermittent basis. Also, when I ride, I hide the remaining time and remaining class progress. These metrics appear and disappear intermittently (I am not touching the screen), which is highly distracting and frustrating. Received instructions from Peloton help to do a reboot. Didn't work. Now being told I have to purchase a new screen. I was wondering if other Peloton bike owners have encountered this issue (i.e. a bad batch of screens/hardware). Please let me know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I posted a response in a similar thread. Monitor stopped working overnight - peloton wants $400 for a refurb monitor. Terrible experience considering what i've already paid for the bike, subscriptions, and the fact that I've encouraged two of my friends to buy a bike too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi All, My bike's (original, not Bike +) touch screen does not respond to my touch on an intermittent basis. Also, when I ride, I hide the remaining time and remaining class progress. These metrics appear and disappear intermittently (I am not touching the screen), which is highly distracting and frustrating. Received instructions from Peloton help to do a reboot. Didn't work. Now being told I have to purchase a new screen. I was wondering if other Peloton bike owners have encountered this issue (i.e. a bad batch of screens/hardware). Please let me know.
There’s another chain on here about touch screens not working immediately following a software update. We’ve all had the same convo with customer support and they won’t admit to it, so we all have to buy new screens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I posted a response in a similar thread. Monitor stopped working overnight - peloton wants $400 for a refurb monitor. Terrible experience considering what i've already paid for the bike, subscriptions, and the fact that I've encouraged two of my friends to buy a bike too.
Super frustrating, I literally recommended the bike to a dozen people who then purchased it... I have changed the position of the screen (zero tilt, straight up and down) and resorted to doing a full reset when the screen glitches out. Both seem to help for a bit. I guess it wipes the memory or something, I don't know. I know I should just buy the $400 screen, but I haven't done it yet out of a matter of principle. For a "premium product" really pisses me off that this hasn't been addressed proactively. Loved the WSJ article and the quick response from the CEO to try and appease the slow delivery. Sadly, b/c of the company's success, they don't need to do anything...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I'll probably buy the refurb screen and ride for a few months, then sell my Peloton in the summer when my work gym reopens.

I've brought two friends on board with Peloton, own pton stock, etc. But the $400 monitor replacement charge, and the fact that they won't freeze or comp your subscription while the monitor is down is an absolute slap in the face.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts