Peloton Forum banner

Tread - Day one getting firmware update error and 5 blinking lights

15K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Peloton Guru 
#1 ·
Out of the box error. Starts to install the firmware update and stops at 4%. The machine clicks a couple of times and the light blink 5 times. Has anyone else had this issue. Tech wont be onsite for weeks!!

#3 ·
The idiot stoner installers from XPO had severed wires on the left side of the handrail while installing the unit. I managed to get the tread working by reconnecting the wires. A tech did come after a 4 week wait and a new handrail is on order.
Hope this helps and good luck.

#7 ·
This is ridiculous. I’m having the same problem. Waited two weeks for a tech to come to replace the rails, they left before the 4% death freeze happened again. Just spoke to tech support and asked for a refund and they said no way (I’ve had it for four months) so now I have to wait another two weeks for a replacement one to come. This is by far the most I’ve regretted spending on a product ($5.5k)

#8 ·
We are having the same problem. After having delivery canceled three times they finally brought it. When my husband went to get the internet password the guys left before getting it set up. After hours on the phone with customer service we are told it's defective and we have to wait weeks for another one. So disappointed in the quality and service.

#10 ·
Bought a tread secondhand and the guy put it up for me and damaged one of the wires. Tread won’t work, stuck on 4% or 52% during firmware update and Peloton says it’s a wire issue. Why won’t peloton sell their wires instead of asking people to buy new handrails for $1000!! Anyone know if these tread wire harnesses inside the handrails are the same as other treadmills?

#11 ·
Not sure what’s in them but in my experience swapping the rails only works half of the time. When I had swapped in new hand rails due to the 4% error it didn’t change a thing. It wasn’t until I had the whole tread replaced that it fixed the problem. Good luck. Tread carefully.

#12 ·
Hey thanks for the info. In my case I do see visually that the wire was pinched and therefore became exposed. Was that your case too and it still didn’t work with new handrails?

QUOTE="adammiron, post: 5096, member: 4078"]
Not sure what’s in them but in my experience swapping the rails only works half of the time. When I had swapped in new hand rails due to the 4% error it didn’t change a thing. It wasn’t until I had the whole tread replaced that it fixed the problem. Good luck. Tread carefully.
[/QUOTE]

#13 ·
Hey thanks for the info. In my case I do see visually that the wire was pinched and therefore became exposed. Was that your case too and it still didn’t work with new handrails?

QUOTE="adammiron, post: 5096, member: 4078"]
[/QUOTE]
First start by fixing the wire and wrap tape until you can get Peloton to replace the rail wires. Then do a factory reset from the OS boot to reset the display to re-initialize the display to learn what device it's attached to.

#15 ·
  • From the main menu, hold the power button to completely shut down the tablet.
  • Tap the power button quickly to turn on. Immediately press and hold the Volume Up
  • Keep holding the Volume Up until the OS menu comes up.
  • Push the Down-Volume until you reach the Wipe Data/Factory Reset line.
  • Press the Power button to select this option

#18 ·
Update: peloton came out to bring new handrails. Tread base has to be replaced. So basically when given the 4% or 52% firmware error and the T0222 error code, MOST of the time the issue is the BASE and not the handrail from my experience and also research I did.

#19 ·
I'm having the same issue with the firmware update stuck at 4%. They have replaced the handrails and that did not fix the problem. I had to call back in to see what the next steps were as the company didn't communicate back to Peloton that it still wasn't fixed. I was then instructed by Peloton to "send a picture of the issue" so I sent a picture of the screen frozen at 4%. They know this is an issue and are acting like they don't know that they are basically going to have to replace the whole thing. My warranty runs out in a couple of weeks and I refuse to pay $1 to fix this thing.

#25 ·
I am having the same issue! I’ve had my tread a little over a year, however it has only been used MAYBE 10 times. It is stuck on the firmware update 4% and keeps giving me error codes at the top. When I called support, she tried telling me I needed to buy a whole new base for over $1000.

#26 ·
Your support person is misinformed. There is a special program for people who have had treads and experienced this problem. Without going into details, they are offering a special price of $250 for Tread base replacement due to this "problem" with the control board. Mention this to the support agent as it's in their email. If they don't believe you, escalate to a manager and if they don't believe you, ping me here.

#27 ·
Your support person is misinformed. There is a special program for people who have had treads and experienced this problem. Without going into details, they are offering a special price of $250 for Tread base replacement due to this "problem" with the control board. Mention this to the support agent as it's in their email. If they don't believe you, escalate to a manager and if they don't believe you, ping me here.
I just wanted to say thank you! I finally decided to sit down and try again with contacting Peloton about this issue. While I am still not happy with having to pay anything at all to fix this, I was able to get the special promotion pricing ($250) vs paying the $1000 I was told originally. You have to push a little harder to get them to check up on this deal. Delivery of a new base should be in a week and a half. Here’s to hoping it will be enough to fix it.