Peloton Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I’m new to Peleton and I am trying the app whilst using my own treadmill. I have taken a few classes with Adrian Williams and really enjoyed them. However I am having one issue with the speed he suggests for the interval classes. He will call out for example ”5 zero, 6 five” or ”3 zero, 4 five” and I have no idea what this relates to. It cannot be the treadmill speeds as they are clearly too slow for the pace of the interval. Is this related to the Peloton tread? I ask as I have no idea what pace to set my own treadmill to. Apologies if there is a really obvious answer but any help would be appreciate.

·
Super Moderator
491 Posts
I don't have a tread but I have done many running classes on the treadmill. In my experience when they are yelling out speeds it is usually MPH so they are saying 5.0 MPH for example. Seeing that you are in the UK I'm guessing your treadmill is set to KM/hour? That would make it seem too slow e.g. when he's saying 5.0 MPH, based on your screen you're running at what would be 3.1.

Just a thought!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a tread but I have done many running classes on the treadmill. In my experience when they are yelling out speeds it is usually MPH so they are saying 5.0 MPH for example. Seeing that you are in the UK I'm guessing your treadmill is set to KM/hour? That would make it seem too slow e.g. when he's saying 5.0 MPH, based on your screen you're running at what would be 3.1.

Just a thought!
Hi Stefon,
Thanks for the reply. You are right that my treadmill is set to KPH , although we use MPH here in England! That could be the answer- I’ll just convert to KPH which would be more appropriate to the speed of the clas.

kind regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Stefon,
Thanks for the reply. You are right that my treadmill is set to KPH , although we use MPH here in England! That could be
Hello,

I’m new to Peleton and I am trying the app whilst using my own treadmill. I have taken a few classes with Adrian Williams and really enjoyed them. However I am having one issue with the speed he suggests for the interval classes. He will call out for example ”5 zero, 6 five” or ”3 zero, 4 five” and I have no idea what this relates to. It cannot be the treadmill speeds as they are clearly too slow for the pace of the interval. Is this related to the Peloton tread? I ask as I have no idea what pace to set my own treadmill to. Apologies if there is a really obvious answer but any help would be appreciate.
Hi,
I had the same issue. You can download the manual for the Tread machine which includes a photo of the screen in action, showing a speed in “minutes per kilometre”. Having taken a couple of classes now that makes much more sense than kph or mph! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2 Posts
A
You can do it online from this link or also in settings on the tread touchscreen.
Hi Stefon, thank you so much for your help. I didn’t really explain so well what I meant. Do you know if there is anyway of changing the running speed to kilometres rather than the distance covered? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can do it online from this link or also in settings on the tread touchscreen.
Hi Stefon, changing the setting to kilometres doesn’t appear to change the speed adjustments to kph, the speed still goes up to 12.5 so obviously still mph, I cannot work out how to change the speed adjustments to kph, it’s absolutely crazy having it in mph when no runner in the world runs in mph or miles!

How do I change the speed adjustments to kph?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts