Peloton Forum banner

Would you like the option of removing the pass lock feature releasing Peloton from liability?

• No! I feel safer knowing my Tread is locked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While it's very unfortunate that there is somewhere around 70 complaints of injury and one death, I have no personal concerns about unauthorized access to my tread.

I love my tread! I received the offer to return my tread for full refund. I wouldn't think of it! Also the offer to move my tread to a different location in my home where it might be more secure for free. Bravo to Peloton! I felt these were both exceptional responses to satisfy the consumer protection agency. Neither are necessary for me.

Yesterday after setting up the newly required pass lock feature my tread locked and my screen went dark several times. It even locked and went dark during a preview of a class. I find this extremely frustrating.

I emailed support asking if there is a way that I could disable the tread lock feature offering to sign a release of liability. I was sent the response, "We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our Members. We created Tread Lock to secure your Tread+ against unauthorized access. You cannot disable your passcode on the Tread+. Tread Lock is an important safety feature that we require Members to use. We apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration."

I think that those who do not want this feature should be able to disable it. If the customer declines to use the pass lock feature they must acknowledge that they release Peloton from liability in the settings. This is what makes sense to me.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, 390 deaths a year on average are attributed to drowning in a swimming pool or at a spa. Yet I have a pool in my backyard and I'm not required to keep it gated under lock and key.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Having it require a PIN entry would be much more acceptable if it would just be a mechanism to lock the screen and then when you enter your PIN have you right back where you were before it went dark. But what I see is that when it locks and is then unlocked, you get dumped all the way back to the Choose Profile screen. If you just spent time running through filters and selecting a class, tough luck, you start over.

imagine if your PC would have the screensaver lock kick in after 45 seconds of inactivity, and upon entering your PIN you find your spreadsheet is gone and you are back at the initial login page.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is another problem with their tread. Since yesterday, the "Just Run" feature is not available. They say they are working on it and they don't know when it is going to be fixed!
In other words, I'm being blackmailed by Peloton to either pay $40.00 a month to become a member or the machine is completely useless after paying $4000.00 for it.

This is both illegal and unethical.

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
I agree. I think the default that it ships with should be that it's on but a user should have the option to unlock it which would likely requiring to some ts and cs to waive liability for Peloton.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Peloton finally gave me a three month membership pass to be able to use my tread."

Did you get to check try anything out yet? After the three months I bet you'll find that it's worth the $40 a month membership fee. I didn't anticipate liking the classes but most are actually pretty challenging and fun! If you don't want a class just hop on a scenic run. They provided 3 months free to me also. 😃

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I agree with you. My wife likes the scenic run very much. I may have to be forced to keep it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts