Peloton Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Hi all!

Looking to save some head and heartache here. This fix will help solve the case when your Peloton's touchscreen is unresponsive but still turns on.

My girlfriend ran into the same issue with her Peloton (pltn-rb1vq) having an unresponsive touchscreen (though the screen would still turn on) after running an update. We tried all the tricks listed like factory reset (ran into the "Peloton - Android No Command" issue) and various power cycle tricks, but no luck. 馃槥 So we thought we were going to have to go through Peloton and buy a replacement screen for $400.

I then realized that the Peloton screen is nothing more than a fancy Android tablet. Android tablets can use a mouse and keyboard!

So I purchased the following from Amazon:
  1. UGREEN Micro USB to USB Micro USB 2.0 OTG Cable ($8)
  2. Logitech K400 Plus Wireless Living-room Keyboard with Touchpad ($25)

Testing proved that this works!! By plugging the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo into the micro-USB port on the back of the touchscreen using the adaptor cable, you can use the keyboard/mouse combo instead of the touchscreen:

~$35 is better than $400, so I call this a win. 馃コ

You will just need to get used to using the keyboard/mouse instead of pressing the touchscreen in front of you.

Hope this helps!

Registered
Hi all!

Looking to save some head and heartache here. This fix will help solve the case when your Peloton's touchscreen is unresponsive but still turns on.

My girlfriend ran into the same issue with her Peloton (pltn-rb1vq) having an unresponsive touchscreen (though the screen would still turn on) after running an update. We tried all the tricks listed like factory reset (ran into the "Peloton - Android No Command" issue) and various power cycle tricks, but no luck. 馃槥 So we thought we were going to have to go through Peloton and buy a replacement screen for $400.

I then realized that the Peloton screen is nothing more than a fancy Android tablet. Android tablets can use a mouse and keyboard!

Testing proved that this works!! By plugging the Logitech keyboard/mouse combo into the micro-USB port on the back of the touchscreen using the adaptor cable, you can use the keyboard/mouse combo instead of the touchscreen:

You will just need to get used to using the keyboard/mouse instead of pressing the touchscreen in front of you.

Hope this helps!
Hi, just to confirm this works!!!! in fact I have used a simple mouse conected to that same micro usb port and it works!! just like a mouse on a computer.
Automotive design Automotive tire Table Audio equipment Fender

Thanks!!!!!!!

Registered
Hi all!

Hope this helps!
Thank you for this. Really hoping it works for me. Wondering if you've tried restoring to factory setting using the mouse to navigate to the "setting".

Registered
My bike is a 2018 in great condition. The other day I turned my bike on. It asked me to do a software update so I did. Upon restart the bottom menu/task bar where you can view classes and schedule etc. does not respond to touch all of a sudden and it is just the one area of the screen. Naturally, I called Peloton. I spoke to three different techs and went through three different trouble shooting methods with all three and still no change with my issue. Over the coarse of three days I have spoke to 4 different people and ended up most recently with a supervisor of the tech dept. ultimately It was explained to me this is a known issue. I was told I have to purchase a new screen. Why should someone who spends all this money monthly and for the original cost of the bike have to spend money to replace a screen that cannot function properly due to a software update? Especially when this is a 鈥渒nown issue鈥 admitted by Peloton. After 2+ hours on the phone today I was told that Peloton could not do anything. It is on me as the consumer to pay the price of a replacement screen. If a vehicle manufacture found a known issue, they would issue a recall and the manufacture would cover the cost regardless of warranty status. Does anyone have any suggestions or experienced this issue? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
My Peloton is only 17 months old and my touch screen won't work - screen if find but the touch part isn't working. Went through all of the resets and was told that I have to buy a new screen. This is pathetic - Maybe I will cancel my $40/month subscription and go back to the club.

Registered
My Peloton is only 17 months old and my touch screen won't work - screen if find but the touch part isn't working. Went through all of the resets and was told that I have to buy a new screen. This is pathetic - Maybe I will cancel my $40/month subscription and go back to the club.
I just had the same issue arise. My bike + worked fine last night, and this morning the screen does not register any touch inputs. I tried all of the troubleshooting tips, and then called tech support. Tech support was thoroughly unhelpful - disinteresting and seeming annoyed by the call. They said that since I was out of warranty it would be $1,000 to have a tech come out and give me a new screen. My bike was delivered about 14 months ago. This is crazy. I am going to try the cludgy external keyboard fix suggested above - at least that may let me use the bike. I am very disappointed in the company., I have an email chain going with them now, we will see if I get any useful response.

Registered
I just had the same issue arise. My bike + worked fine last night, and this morning the screen does not register any touch inputs. I tried all of the troubleshooting tips, and then called tech support. Tech support was thoroughly unhelpful - disinteresting and seeming annoyed by the call. They said that since I was out of warranty it would be $1,000 to have a tech come out and give me a new screen. My bike was delivered about 14 months ago. This is crazy. I am going to try the cludgy external keyboard fix suggested above - at least that may let me use the bike. I am very disappointed in the company., I have an email chain going with them now, we will see if I get any useful response.
UPDATE: OK, my complaining seemed to have worked. They are giving me a one-time out of warranty free screen replacement since I am just outside the warranty period.. Only advice I have is that I definitely get better responses from emailing customer support vs calling tech support.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts