Peloton Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Peloton. Did one ride. What is with all this “shoutout” stuff? I find it annoying and distracting.
Are there videos with no shout outs?

otherwise the bike goes back.
Thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought a Peloton. Did one ride. What is with all this “shoutout” stuff? I find it annoying and distracting.
Are there videos with no shout outs?

otherwise the bike goes back.
Thanks
I think the only rides with absolutely no shout outs are the rides without instructors like the scenic rides. I found the shout outs annoying and distracting at first but a year later I barely notice them. More intense rides and rides with more instruction like Power Zone rides will tend to have fewer shout outs as the instructors stay pretty busy.

·
Super Moderator
140 Posts
This actually gets debated quite a bit. It seems the majority of the members are in favor of them. When I started I found them a bit distracting also but once you get going you focus more on the workout, instructor and music and you don't really notice them much. I wouldn't be surprised if they started some classes or instructors with no shout outs for people who don't like them. Now that Peloton has over a million subscribers and sometimes 10K people in a live class there are way too many people with a milestone or birthday to get everyone.

I've gotten a few shout outs and although it seems a bit silly it's fun to hear one of your favorite instructors congratulate you.

Hope you enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should be pretty easy for the software to scroll through and look for milestones and then blast them up on the screen with people having the opportunity to mute those digital shout outs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was completely put off a yoga class because of the shoutouts. Are we meant to be 'centred' in a yoga class? Especially if using the off line classes, the shoutouts add no value to anyone?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Should outs in general are a hot topic of debate in the peloton community. For the bike and tread it seems that the majority of people like them. There is definitely a group of people who find it extremely distracting. I didn't like them at first but now they don't bother me and as I know more people in the community it's kind of fun to hear their milestones and get my own shout outs.

With over 1M subscribers and sometimes over 20K riders on a live class there seem to be way too many shout outs.

I bet they may start celebrating only the bigger milestones like 100, 500, 1000 and not 350, 1150, etc. I could also see them doing some classes that specifically have no shout outs.

I also agree there is no place for shout outs in a yoga class!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts