Peloton Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it depends on the person and the class. However, what would be a good total output for a 20 minute ride for a beginner?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know it depends on the person and the class. However, what would be a good total output for a 20 minute ride for a beginner?
You kind of answered your own question. It depends on the rider's age, level of fitness. Any output is good output. And it will get better as you continue. I started peloton a year and a half ago...at 65 years of age. My initial 30 minute output was about 220kj (7 per minute) and within a couple of months, I was up to 300kj. I found it comfortable to put resistance on 53 and just stroke around 60. If I was in a class, I'd just keep to my pattern, regardless of what the instructor did...just to build a base and get comfortable. What is your 20 minute output?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am 65 and started 25 days ago. Haven't
missed a day yet. My output now is between 105 to 116 for a 20 minute ride. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1 Posts

If I’m trying for a real good 20 minute workout I push to get over 200 or minutes times 10 for any ride. i.e. 100 for 10 minutes, 300 for 30 minutes and so on. I don’t always make it but when I do I’m drenched in sweat and feeling good. I do the same for calories burned and strive score.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The way I measure my progess is by looking where on the leaderboard I landed for a given class. I started out with the goal to be in the top 20%, then top 10%. These days I often get to be in the top 5%.
It doesn't mean that I am actually performing as well as the top 5% of riders (because bikes are calibrated differently), but it does mean that I have been progressing since I started riding Peloton.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I too am 65 and started 25 days ago. Haven't
missed a day yet. My output now is between 105 to 116 for a 20 minute ride. Thanks for your input.
On a properly calibrated bike, if you had to put a number on it, 100kj per 10 mins is very good. 150kj per 10 mins is excellent, and 200kj per 10 mins is elite. (IMHO, anything over that, your bike is not properly calibrated or you're a freak of nature). However, like a lot of others said, you do you. Don't worry too much about the numbers. As a beginner, focus on your progress and improvement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On a properly calibrated bike, if you had to put a number on it, 100kj per 10 mins is very good. 150kj per 10 mins is excellent, and 200kj per 10 mins is elite. (IMHO, anything over that, your bike is not properly calibrated or you're a freak of nature). However, like a lot of others said, you do you. Don't worry too much about the numbers. As a beginner, focus on your progress and improvement.
Great thanks very much. A little bit at a time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts