Peloton Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've taken around 20 rides now on my Bike+ and I've noticed something weird. For all of them, I've stayed within the cadence and have usually been in the mid-range of the target resistance. However, I still haven't been able to break 197 KJ for my output. For example, I took the 30 min intervals and arms ride today (5/13) and my output was 187 KJ but I stayed within the ranges, but I see people getting 300+ KJ. I don't know if it's just because I'm still new or do I need bionic limbs to accomplish that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What makes you think those other people stay within the ranges? I say don’t worry about it, you do the best that you can do, and you’ll see the output get better as you start going higher in and even over the ranges.

·
Super Moderator
507 Posts
Hi. I agree with Etz. If you are getting a good workout and enjoying your rides I wouldn't worry about it.

If you are looking to increase your output, I've found the best way to do that is Power Zone training. There's a 5 week program on the bike which guides you through everything.

The metrics that they give out during class are really meant to be guides. Many people stay above or below the ranges. Also, some people will ride the whole time vs. slowing down or stopping to do arms on intervals and arms rides.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So I've taken around 20 rides now on my Bike+ and I've noticed something weird. For all of them, I've stayed within the cadence and have usually been in the mid-range of the target resistance. However, I still haven't been able to break 197 KJ for my output. For example, I took the 30 min intervals and arms ride today (5/13) and my output was 187 KJ but I stayed within the ranges, but I see people getting 300+ KJ. I don't know if it's just because I'm still new or do I need bionic limbs to accomplish that.
Many people go way higher than the ranges - cadence or resistance if they're competing. Also taking a warm up ride so skipping the warm up and skipping arms (if there are arms) and even ignoring the instructions and guidance altogether if they're going for a PR.

To each their own!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts