Peloton Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our bike is due to arrive next week, and our box of accessories arrived yesterday. My partner has a very wide foot and I doubt that the shoe will fit. Since bike stores are closed now, it isn't possible to go to a store to get fitted, and I hate to order online, not knowing if the size will be right. Does it make sense to buy the attachments to the pedals that will allow us to use sneakers to ride, until we can get new clip shoes? We are open to suggestions. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
Hi,

Not a good long term solution but the Peloton pedals are flat on one side so it does work with just sneakers. This is what my daughters and her friends do. If your partner does this initially, I would take it easy on the cadence and be careful if they do any standing pedaling. If feet slip off the pedals, it can be painful.

You could buy toe cages which would be a bit safer and allow for more aggressive riding but unless you think you'll have house guests who will be using the bike you probably won't use them in the long run.

If you get the shoes and they don't fit your partner, you could reach out to Peloton support - they sometimes send out complimentary accessories.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
83 Posts
If your partner already has bike shoes that fit them for outdoor cycling, you could also consider swapping the cleats from the peloton shoes with the cleats on the other bike shoes and using those initially.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - How do I find toe cages that is compatible? I did not want to purchase 4 pairs of shoes in this house hold and two have wide feet. I tried Amazon, but I am NOT familiar with Delta cleats, is there something that can click on/with a cage and wear your normal shoes? Please let me know if you have links that can help me navigate! Thanks!

Hi,

Not a good long term solution but the Peloton pedals are flat on one side so it does work with just sneakers. This is what my daughters and her friends do. If your partner does this initially, I would take it easy on the cadence and be careful if they do any standing pedaling. If feet slip off the pedals, it can be painful.

You could buy toe cages which would be a bit safer and allow for more aggressive riding but unless you think you'll have house guests who will be using the bike you probably won't use them in the long run.

If you get the shoes and they don't fit your partner, you could reach out to Peloton support - they sometimes send out complimentary accessories.

Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi - How do I find toe cages that is compatible? I did not want to purchase 4 pairs of shoes in this house hold and two have wide feet. I tried Amazon, but I am NOT familiar with Delta cleats, is there something that can click on/with a cage and wear your normal shoes? Please let me know if you have links that can help me navigate! Thanks!
You can buy toe cages from Peloton . . . you have to call them.

·
Super Moderator
242 Posts
You can buy toe cages from Peloton . . . you have to call them.

I got some from Peloton that have spd on one side and cages on the other (which I removed). You do need to call them though. You can also get any standard pedals with toe cages - I would just get a decent brand like Shimano.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts