Peloton Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During my last 45 min PowerZone ride, i found that my legs were starting to burn out around the last 10-12 mins. Like zero juice left. It was the ultimate struggle to stay even at the bottom of Z3-Z5. I’ve read people say, “take advantage of your recovery” (zone 1 and 3 in my ride). I was riding at a 34 cadence near the top of my Z1, but some were suggesting 28-30. Will that really make a difference to reduce the cadence in Z1?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, resistance. My mistake. My Z2 starts at 98, so I keep my cadence in the low to mid 90s, with 34 resistance. So, reducing it to 30/31 would actually make a difference in my recovery between intervals? Thank you!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yes, resistance. My mistake. My Z2 starts at 98, so I keep my cadence in the low to mid 90s, with 34 resistance. So, reducing it to 30/31 would actually make a difference in my recovery between intervals? Thank you!
While a change of 3-4 resistance points may not sound like much, going from 34 down to 30/31 is about a 10% change and it does make a difference. If you think it isn't much of a difference, then try the inverse and increase your resistance by 10%, especially when you are already struggling, and I think you will feel a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While a change of 3-4 resistance points may not sound like much, going from 34 down to 30/31 is about a 10% change and it does make a difference. If you think it isn't much of a difference, then try the inverse and increase your resistance by 10%, especially when you are already struggling, and I think you will feel a noticeable difference.
When you put it like that, it makes total sense. Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.